Energy Consultant Swansea

Do you need to talk about the energy efficiency of a building in South West Wales? Perhaps you need a Domestic Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) or Commercial Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for a property in the Swansea area?

With over 20 years experience in the Swansea property sector, we can help you understand how energy efficient your building is. We can issue an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), and help you understand what sensible steps you can take to improve energy efficiency and potentially reduce costs.

With the UK target of achieving net zero by 2050, domestic and commercial properties in Swansea will need a lot of work to reach energy performance targets.

Plus with energy costs so high currently, it makes a lot of sense to understand how energy efficient your property is. With a current Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), you can understand how you can make cost-effective changes to improve energy efficiency, which should lead to lower monthly energy costs.

Buyers, Tenants, and Mortgage Lenders are also becoming more aware of the impact of a properties Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating. With buyers reducing offers for low EPC rated properties, tenants no viewing poor EPC rated properties, and lenders offering exclusive deals for high EPC rated properties.

You can book an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) appointment online directly with me, a local, independent, Swansea-based EPC assessor.

You need a valid EPC to sell or rent a property.

Rental properties currently have to be Band E on an EPC rating, there’s no minimum for selling.

EPCs are valid for 10 years – so you might already have one in place – check to see if you have a valid EPC already on the GOV website.

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) measures the energy efficiency of a property on a scale of A-G, with A being the most efficient, and should have the lowest gas and electric bills, and G being the worst. Most UK properties are D or E. 

The certificate assesses the energy efficiency of the property at that moment in time and gives recommendations on how to improve.

Professional Memberships

  • Technical member of the RPSA
  • Technical member of the CABE
  • Student member of RICS